Monday, March 5, 2012

The Natural Hair Blues. . .


Ok, so I'm really going through some MAJOR natural hair woes. What I like to call "the natural hair blues" Now don't get me wrong I love my natural hair. But I've come to a road block with it. I'm literally stuck, and I just don't know where to go from here. So I recently got my hair straightened. Which you can see in the post below. Buuuut when I got my hair all blown out, I noticed it was growing in weird lengths. Nothing like I imagined it would. Seeing my hair in this state had me wondering. & I honestly even gave relaxing my hair a thought. I just kinda wanted to cut it into a cute pixie cut and relax it. Another thing, where I still had remaining color the texture of my hair, had drastically changed! I know for a fact if I hadn't colored my hair it would be a lot healthier. But it is what it is, all I can do is give my hair extra loving in hopes of it all becoming one texture again. Next, I'm considering a protective style, preferably it'll probably be a weave. I don't want to give in that easy and get a relaxer, but whoooh I'm suffering from the natural hair blues!

All my naturalistas, don't be shy please share words of encouragement, and advice! It's greatly appreciated **Smooches**

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand. I went through a period not too long ago where I was so disappointed with my hair after having to get my color "cut off" b/c it kept causing my ends to split/break no matter what I did. But stay with it! If you're bored or concerned about the health and/or texture of your hair, protective styles are always a good idea. Just remember to still "baby" your hair while in those styles, keeping it moisturized and clean, and you'll be good. It get frustrating every now and then but sticking it out is worth it. There was one time I had a thought of getting a relaxer again, and I am SO glad I didn't. Push through this, it is worth it I promise :)

    ReplyDelete