Saturday, February 5, 2011

Naturally Yours. . .

With all this natural hair phenomena taking place, it's heavy on my mind sometimes. Not being natural I often feel like I'm failing my sistas, but getting a perm works for me. I've considered going natural many times but never fully went through with it. I want to know you dolls views on natural hair. Is it something you feel African American women have taken out of hand or is it something that needs to continue? Does being natural mean you're a "REAL" sista? Are we falling short of being accepted in our race because our hair isn't NATURAL?!?!  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is year #2 of being natural. It has been a divine journey. I've learned a lot about myself and my hair. What it likes, what type of hair I have, and how to go about maintaining it, and what foods to eat to promote hair growth. Having natural hair doesn't define who a "Real Sista" is. A real sista is someone that speaks the truth..is bold in her walk...goes after whats she wants..and means what she says. Going natural does make you feel closer to your roots..but it doesn't define who you are. I suggest that you wear whats best for you...as long as you love and nurture your hair to keep it healthy. I've been looking through natural hair blogs and have learned a lot. I actually have one myself that you should check out. It's: hairymeekinky.tumblr.com enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Adding you to my blog role =) Be sure to follow my blog as well. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete